Our office is continuing stringent protocols, exceeding the current phase of the Kansas Re-opening Plan.
The office is open full regular hours.
Monday – Thursday 9-1 & 3-5. Friday 10-1
The following modifications are in place:
- Sanitization of all rooms and surfaces between patients
- Removal of patient check in kiosk, magazines, coffee station, etc.
- Pre-and Post-care hand washing, along with hand sanitizer during patient treatment
- Face masks required
- Social distancing, only one patient or family in an area of the office at a time
- Allowing our patients to wait in their car for a phone call letting them know when they can enter the office.
- Advising immunocompromised to stay home and direct them on home exercises, stretches, and tips for managing their musculoskeletal pain
- Patients who are ill or who have had high risk travel, according to the KDHE, are asked to stay home
- We will have a note on the door while treating patients, if you are not to enter
If you are are choosing to stay home, we get that and we make the following recommendations:
- Try not to remain sedentary. Make sure you move around because neck and back pain tend to arise from sedentary behavior. Search YouTube for at-home workouts.
- Ice is your friend: Put it on any area of discomfort for 10-20 minutes and repeat as necessary ensuring there is a 40 minute break between ice sessions.
- Use your foam roller.
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Stress can lower your immune system. Check out these books:
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- Drink half your bodyweight in water daily. Ex: You weigh 150lbs / 2 = 75 oz. of water daily
- Supplements that I would personally consider, among others: a high quality multi, A, E, D, C, K, Zinc, and a probiotic
- If we do end up closing, we will be updating our hours on: Google listing and Facebook
We appreciate your patience and concern during this time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
The bottom line…we’re in this with you. We are committed to your health and relief for you and your family. I will do everything I can to get you out of pain and return to normal living!
Travis Heckes, D.C., C.C.W.P.